Self-care is incredible nourishing to the mind, body and spirit, especially during trying times. Sometimes I need a reminder for self-care because it isn’t something that comes naturally to me, if that's the case for you too, then here's your reminder.
If you are constantly being surrounded by loved ones, try giving yourself some space even if that means waking up earlier or staying up later.
25 things to do:
Also, don't overwhelm yourself with doing too many of the tasks. Pick a couple, come back to the list and pick a couple more, and repeat.
- Write a letter to a friend, family member or even your younger or future self.
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. If you’re not sure who, close your eyes, take a breath and see who comes to mind.
- Tidy up an area you’ve been avoiding. Or like me, learn the Marie Kondo method by watching her Netflix series.
- Read a book. Here are some of my favorites:
- Eckhart Tolle: Power of Now, A New Earth.
- Carl Lentz: Own the Moment
- Paulo Coehlo: The Alchemist
- Cheri Huber: There is Nothing Wrong With You - specifically if you are having a difficult time with loving and accepting yourself.
- Delete pictures on your phone (hellooo I have about 2,500 and thats’s with cleaning some out)
- If you find old pix that you like, but never posted, go ahead and post them now!
- Spend some time in nature.
- Pray - Spend time with God.
- Meditate - Insight Timer is a free meditation app that helps me a bunch.
- Create a vision board.
- Learn a new language. Duolingo is a free app that has many languages!
- Exercise - YouTube is filled with TONS of different workout & yoga videos for 5, 10, 15, 20 mins, etc.
- Dance on TikTok - just for fun, or to show off your moves.
- Make a face or hair mask. You can Pinterest or google to find ones that you can make with natural ingredients from your home.
- Make a list of your fears and then (if you could) start checking them off. Ask a friend to do the same! In the beginning of the year I made a list of my 50 fears (inspired by Michele Poler). It might be extended to 2021, but that’s okay.
- Watch something that makes you laugh, or be silly and provide a laugh for others.
- Practice Affirmations - put them on post it notes and place around house, speak them aloud to yourself and maybe even say them to yourself in a mirror.
- Give yourself a hug and say I love you. Sounds weird, but I did it and it felt really nice.
- Write a gratitude list every day. You can do this with a friend to help inspire and keep each other accountable.
- Cook or bake yourself or a loved one a meal or treat!
- Watch that show or movie you’ve been saving for a rainy day.
- Mental Check in with yourself, family and friends.
- Make a list of ways that you can help others now or when things go back to normal.
- Do a puzzle
- Take a break from social media, social media cleanse
- Have a dance party
- alone with your favorite tunes
- start one on zoom and invite your friends
- Find a zoom or instagram live dance party (google search)
*Bonus: check out my website and email me with your feedback. I'd love to hear from you and what you think! email@example.com
I know this is a difficult time, but The OGCJ Team and I are praying for you and your family!
Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you have been doing to keep busy and take care of yourself.
With love & good vibes,