We are currently living during complicated and troubled times: politically, economically, environmentally, racially, etc. It feels like everywhere we turn people are engaged in conflict resulting in pain toward themselves and others. It may feel like there is no hope for change and that there is nothing you can do. Well, we’re here to tell you there is HOPE! There is something you can do, something we can all do, and it's free!!
We may not have control of what’s going on in the world, but we can control our attitude and outlook toward others and ourselves. It may be easy to judge a person or situation, but realistically, who are we to judge? We’ll save that for another article, but applying some of the suggestions listed below frees oneself from a pattern while changing the energy and atmosphere of the world.
Here are some tips on how to Judge Less, Love More:
- Observe* example below
- Be optimistic
- Empathize - put yourself in someone else’s shoes
- Be aware and conscious of your thoughts
- Think before you speak
- Be compassionate
- Try not to participate in gossip
- Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts
- If someone is rude or judgmental towards you it doesn’t mean that you have to be the same way towards them
- Don’t cast judgment. Once you do, it's a vibration, a frequency that goes out into the universe
- Be gentle with yourself. The less you judge yourself, the more love and compassion you can attain
- Remember that we are all just human and most people are doing/trying the best they can
- Be mindful that you don’t know everything
- You don’t choose where and to whom your born to. Along with many other circumstances
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you're judging someone:
- Ask yourself why you are judging this person?
- Is there something you can do instead?
- Could you help this person?
- If not, could you pray for them?
When you observe, you are simply watching, ex: observing birds in a tree.
You can watch them fly around, communicate with one another, build a nest, eat, etc. It's easy to observe and it takes no effort. If you were to judge the birds, by talking in your head or maybe even out loud, perhaps you’d say: “What are those birds doing? Why are they so noisy? Ew did the one bird just spit food into the other bird's mouth? That’s disgusting," etc. When you do this, you are not only taking yourself out of the present moment, but you are putting out energy, a vibration of negativity. Is that necessary? What comes from this? What do you gain?
We are much more similar than we are different. Right now we need unity. We need each other. We need love and healing. We do not need judgment, not from ourselves or from one another.
Benefits of when you Judge Less, Love More:
- Positive energy
- Self-love and self-care
- Understanding of others
- Praying for others
- Having in-depth conversations that doesn't involve talking about other people
- Space for other thoughts
- Ripples of good vibrations
- Increased Creativity
Initially, our Judge Less, Love More style was only going to be seasonal. However, it quickly became a customer favorite. We realized the world needed the message, so we kept it. We are on a mission to spread powerful messages like this because we know the importance and how it can make a difference.
We write this article with those who are depressed and judging themselves harshly in mind. If you are struggling with; depression, illness (mental & physical), addiction, trauma or anything that may cause you to judge yourself, we strongly suggest reaching out to someone for support. There are people out there who care and want to help you. You deserve to live a peace-filled life with love, non-judgment and all good things.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Administration: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)